At Prairie Sky Recovery Centre
We offer professional 5 week to 90 day recovery programs and services using a holistic approach to recovery. Our programs include small group therapy in ALL 12 Steps and Emotional Wellness supplemented by classes in Mindfulness, Life Skills, Financial Literacy, Budgeting, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Assertiveness, Safety and Relapse Prevention, Art Therapy, Cultural programs, Recreational and Yoga activities, Equine and Animal Therapy.
All our programs are evidenced-based, trauma-responsive, client-centered using DBT, CBT, and Motivational Interviewing techniques, delivered by our professional educated, skilled, experienced, empathetic and caring staff, many with lived experience. Our philosophy of providing recovery support is the common thread woven throughout our Centre from the maintenance and housekeeping departments to our program and administration staff. We believe our supportive team approach and atmosphere is unique and enhances successful recovery as evidenced by our ever-growing Alumni.
Our Recovery Programs, Family Care Enhancement Program, and Relapse Prevention Program, Outreach and Aftercare Services, Recovery Coaching, and virtual supports strengthen and support our clients in their journey of Life in Recovery. We accept third party Insurance, Employer, Medicard, Private pay, Sponsorship and partnership applications for services.
We are a client-centered, evidence-based, trauma-responsive addictions treatment centre. Our therapeutic, innovative and cutting edge, holistic addiction treatment programs and services, assist clients to experience personal transformation from a life of addiction into a life of Recovery – Healing Happens Here.
In an environment that is safe, non-judgemental and accepting we deliver a variety of addiction programming, services and supports for those affected by addictions to recover and celebrate life in recovery every day.
- To provide excellence in quality and delivery of our addiction rehabilitation services
- To provide evidence-based addiction rehabilitation programs and services
- To remain responsive to new ideas, addiction recovery models, innovation, and willing to grow in knowledge and skill as the addiction landscape changes
- To provide volunteer, training, educational and employment opportunities to those living in Recovery where possible.
- To continue to honor the grassroots and legacy of the founder in word, action and deed, realizing that Life in Recovery is Possible.
Values / Guiding Principles:
- Practice our profession with integrity and honesty
- Continually improving skills and knowledge to improve addiction rehabilitation service delivery
- Demonstrating sincere concern for the interests and well-being of those suffering from addictions affected by decisions and actions taken
- Valuing the privacy, freedom of choice and interests of others
- Insuring our personal biases, values and experiences do not inhibit or negatively influence relationships
- Fostering cultural diversity, pluralistic views and inclusion
- Treating all that suffer from addiction with respect and dignity
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations
- Avoiding even the appearance of any professional misconduct
- Advocating for addiction rehabilitation and Recovery
- Adhere to the Policies, Procedures and Code of Ethics recognizing these living documents provide the framework for safe, ethical and professional standards and boundaries